The Schmitt & Co. Advantage
- WE HAVE 30 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE - we have lots of experience - over 30 years exclusively in self storage!
- OUR PROVEN TRACK RECORD - We have a portfolio of self storage properties that we have managed over twenty years with an average annual return of 18.5%
- UNIQUE MANAGEMENT TECHNIQUES - We have some very unique management techniques. For example, a system that maximizes revenues using timely adjustments to rental rates based on conversion rates. It's a very interesting system, be sure to ask about it!
- MINIMIZE RISK EXPOSURE - Schmitt & Co will "watch your back" and minimize risk exposure by:
- having strict controls on lien sale and auction disposal
- controlling employee issues
- handling customer problems and complaints
- overseeing state and federal law compliance
- VERY HANDS-ON - One of our main strengths is that we are small, very hands-on. For example, our ratio of
properties per site supervisor at full capacity will be 8 to 1. That is a low ratio for the industry and it allows us
to spend a lot of time with each property.
You Need Professional Management!
Owners who have one to five self storage properties often say they don't need professional management, that they're smart business people and they can manage their self storage properties quite profitably themselves and save themselves a lot of fees in the process. Here are a few reasons why an owner might want to rethink that do-it-yourself approach
- A good management company can generally deliver more net income than an owner because the good companies have years of experience and they specialize in doing just one thing - managing self storage properties.
- An owner probably has better things to do with his or her time than to be actively involved in day to day operations - better things like, for example, acquiring more storage properties (which we can help you to do).
- A management company can minimize an owner's exposure to major risks such as wrongful sale and disposal lawsuits where in a recent case a renter was awarded a $3.65 million settlement because the owner's employee made a mistake.
- There are many more reasons. Let's talk about them.